- Do you offer storage while i travel for a couple of days ?
Yes we do and the price is 3 Reais per item and day !
- How to arrange a downwinder to Jeri ?
Have a look at the website www.cumbucodownwind.com and you will find lots of infos about trips !
If you dont want to have it 100 % organized you might check while staying at the Cumbuco Guesthouse if someone is interested to do a downwinder !
- How to get to the nearby lagoons ?
One lagoon is called Icarai lagoon which you can reach with a 10 minute bus ride ! Price about 3 Reais oneway per person ! The other lagoon called Cauipe located downwind from Cumbuco you can reach by doing a downwind or by buggy transfer and the price is 80 Reais oneway which 4 people can share.
- Does the Wifi work well ?
Internet is very important to us as well so we contract the fastest available in Cumbuco ! Of course the speed
in Cumbuco is not comparible to europe or elsewhere but for Skype etc. it is really ok ! Wifii is available 24/7 !
- I would like to know what options we have regarding food?
Cumbuco has quite a few restaurants from really cheap 7 Reais a meal till 135 Reais a meal !
Please see the list for more infos : http://www.cumbuco-guesthouse.com/restaurants-in-cumbuco
- What is the easiest (and reasonably priced) way to come from Fortaleza to Cumbuco ?
We can sent you a taxi to pick you up from anywhere in Fortaleza ! The price depends from where you like to be picked up as Fortaleza is quite a big city ! E.g from the airport the taxi will be between 120 Reais !
Of course you can take a bus as well ! As timings change please check at the airport information for an up to date schedule. Expect to change buses 2-3 times and travelling time is about min. 2 hours while a taxi will take about 45 minutes.
- Regarding health issues - are there any vaccinations or medicine that are useful to take ?
Please check the website from the brazilian embassy in your country for up to date infos.
- Is there a kitchen in the guesthouse that we can use?
Yes, there is a complete kitchen which all guests can use !
- Is there a good supermarket?
There are 3 supermarktes in Cumbuco a really good one you will find in Caucaia ( 30 minutes away ) or Fortaleza ( 45 minutes away ) !
- What is the electric voltage at the guesthouse & adapter needed ?
It is 220 Volt and all international travellers should bring a universal adapter for all countries like this you make sure to not have any issues using your international plugs from from all over the world.
- Is there a ATM in Cumbuco to withdrawl money ?
Yes at the gas station and you can use mastercard there ! Another one is in Icarai 5 kilometers away and about 3-5 ATMs in Caucaia which is 30 minutes away ! The cards beeing accepted changes sometimes ! We reccommend to try the ATMs in Icarai and at the end in Caucaia & to bring a Master and Visa ! As well it is possible to change US Dollar and Euro at our reception !
- Can we pay with Euro and Dollar at the Guesthouse ?
Yes you can !
- Is it possible to kite directly from the guest house ?
Yes it is ! You just need to cross the street and you are on kitebeach !
- Do you organise transfers to other kitespots ?
Yes we do ! At the reception you can order taxis & we explain how you can go by bus to kitespots or if you like we organize a car rental ! Many guests probably will like to share a car to visit spots nearby !
- Do guests most of the time kite close to the guesthouse or is there a tendency to move around to many different kite spots ?
Because we are perfectly located near the beach + we organize rental cars guests can do both ! Some kite in front, some rent a car, some take a bus, some go by buggy to explore the lagoons nearby ! There are many possibilities ... Just enjoy
- Do you offer kite rental ?
Yes we do ! More infos you will find here : http://www.cumbuco-guesthouse.com/rent-a-core-kite
- What is the best way to get to Paracuru ?
You can take a taxi or you can rent a car from us ! Driving time will be around 1 hour only !
- Can you recommend a good car rental company, and is it easy to drive in the area ?
We are working with the most reliable car rental company in Fortaleza ! If you need to rent a car just let us know and we will make you an offer ! Driving in the area is easy ! Road Maps are available at the Cumbuco Guesthouse ! More infos you will find here : http://www.cumbuco-guesthouse.com/rent-a-car/
- Do I bring my own towels and bed sheets ?
We provide everything exept beach towels, volunteers bring their own towels please !
- We arrive at 2 am in the morning ! Is there anyone at the reception at that time to pass us the keys to our rooms ? If you make a reservation with us we know you are coming and therefor someone will be waiting for you at that time.
- And is there a contact number for anyone in case we have difficulties finding your guesthouse ?
Yes please check your email conversation with us ! There you will find a phonenumber from our nightguards and they speak only portuguese ! Please print out the map with our location provided on the website.
- Do you have any suggestions on where we should park the car when we arrive?
We have parking lots available at the Guesthouse ! Please park your car inside !
- Do I pay the taxi driver in cash ? In BRL or USD ?
Payment is in Reais only ! If you don´t have Reais upon arrival you can pay the driver the next day !
- Are there any good gyms or fitness centers in Cumbuco ?
Yes there is a gym in Cumbuco located on the main road near the center of the town. From the guesthouse less than 5 minutes walking.
- Can you give me an idea (a range) of how much cash I need per week (for my dinners, drinks, small purchases, minor transportation, etc) assuming I have all my kite equipment ?
This of course all depends on you ... e.g Spaghetti in the supermarket will cost you 3-4 Reais a pack, in a cheap restaurant the spaghettis will be 15 Reais and in a fancy place 35 Reais , bus transportation is very cheap 2-3 reais to the next lagoon for kitesurfing, beer in the supermarket 3 Reais in restaurant up to 12 Reais ! All in all brazil is still cheap it only depends where you go :-) !
- Is there a bus connection from Cumbuco to Fortaleza ? From the airport to Cumbuco ? Do you reccommend to take a bus from the airport to Cumbuco ?
* Buses from Cumbuco to Fortaleza go every 20 minutes and it takes about 1 hour and the price is about 5 Reais !
* From the airport it is more difficult to go to Cumbuco but it is possible expect to change the bus 2-3 times, approx. time will be 2-3 hours price about 10 - 20 Reais !
* No we dont reccommend to take the bus because its a long ride, exausting with bags etc. and in the dark we just would´nt do it !
- Flight delays ... If my flight is late do i need to call to inform you that i will arrive late ?
No you don´t. All taxi drivers will check the internet for up to date arrival infos !
- Do i need a visa if i come for 3 weeks ?
E.g Germans dont need a visa for Brazil but to have up to date infos check the site from the brazilian embassy in your country.